Returning to work will bring new legal and practical challenges for employers in all industries and geographies.
For this reason, it is imperative to have a plan in place while being cognizant of laws/guidelines to avoid any legal repercussions on your company.
Vanessa Kelly, a Labor & Employment Attorney and Litigator with Clark Hill, PLC, and Melinda Lapan, Vice President of HR Advantage Advisory, recently hosted a webinar to help businesses and individuals prepare to resume regular operations.
They discussed the following topics in detail:
- Preliminary considerations
- Preparing the workplace for safe re-entry
- OSHA/CDC guidelines
- State Health Authorities
- Executive Orders
- Dealing with Workers’ Anxiety
- Refusals to work
- Telework, accommodations & leaves
- Dealing with workplace exposures or workers who get sick
- Takeaways/Action steps
- & more!